Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tasting - Catena


Catena
Malbec
Mendoza
Argentina
2011
$19.99

Wine review: The Catena Malbec presents a deep violet color with purple reflections. This microclimate blend of four unique vineyards offers intense aroma, soft texture and concentrated flavor. Deep aromas of ripe red and dark fruits are joined by delicate violet and lavendar notes, with traces of vanilla and mocha.

My review: The color of this wine is dark red, and I was able to see some hint of lighter red when I swirl in the glass. Since it has 13.5% alcohol, the first smell was hot and spicy, but not super strong. After that dry fruit like smell came slightly. This wine was slightly on the sweet side when I swirl in my mouth, and I was able to taste some cinnamon and fruit like after taste. This wine will work well with red meat steak or creamy pasta with chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment