Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tasting - Tres Picos


Tres Picos
Grancha
Borja
Spain
2011
$15.59

Wine review: It has a dark ruby color with shades of purple. On the nose there is a rich aroma of ripe berries with hints of floral tones typical of the Garnacha, a unique variety. In the mouth, it is a full bodied rich wine with a taste of blackberries, strawberries and hints of leather, vanilla and plums.

My review: The color was dark red and lighter tint was shown when I swirl in the glass. I was smelling fruits, sweet, and some aroma that I can't really describe. It's like aroma between sweet and earthy green smell. This wine was definitely hot and spicy since it contains 15% alcohol, and I was able to pick up the smell and taste hot and spicy when I actually tasted it. It will go well with some greasy and meaty food or sweets like chocolates in order to balance the hot and spicy.


No comments:

Post a Comment