Friday, February 14, 2014

Tasting - The Black Dog


The Black Dog
 Blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, petit verdot, and Chambourcin
Floyd Co. Virginia
U.S.A.
Non-Vintage
$9.59

Wine Review: Aroma: Fruity. Palate: Berries, subtle spices. Finish: Smooth. Off-dry, medium-bodied. Chambourcin, Cabernet, Merlot. 

My Review: I was excited because I 've been wanting to try wines from Chateau Morrisette which is from Floyd, VA. This wine was recommended by the sales person at Kroger. When I was tying to identify the aroma of the wine, I was having a hard time comprehending the aroma since this wine was blended with 4 different varieties. I picked up some spice and hint of fruit and little bit of oak, but they were very hard to tell and very subtle. This wine was very smooth and semi dry at the end. It definitely was not a full body wine and more like a medium bodied wine. I found some strange aroma/taste. After 4th glass, this wine seemed to be getting hot and drier. I was using a decanter and I aerated the wine in a decanter for about 8 hours before the actual tasting and consumption. This wine would be good with a light snack, such as cheese platter or just by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment