Friday, February 14, 2014

Tasting - Peter Lehmann Clancy's


Peter Lehmann Claycy's
Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot
Barossa Valley
Australia
2009
$15.59

Wine Review: The nose displays a lovely raspberry and pastille lift with a palate of red berry, dark plums and chocolate. Blending the three varietals gives Clancy's great complexity, richness of fruit flavor and a harmonious balance of soft tannin finish.
Blend: 39% Shiraz, 38% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Merlot

My review: I wanted to try this wine in order to compare the difference between Layers and Clancy''s blend. Since it was blended with Shiraz, Cabernet, and Merlot, I was able to tell It would be very dark color, oak, dry, and tart wine even before I opened the bottle.
The color was very dark as expected, and it was scary dark. I was kind of afraid of tasting it, but I had to do it, so I did. =)
The nose indeed displayed dark fruit, mocha, and hot. As expected, this wine had a full body with hint of dark berries and mocha or chocolate along with tart and tannin at the end.
This wine will be very compatible with fat and greasy food, such as red meat steak and creamy pasta with a lot of cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment