Friday, February 14, 2014

Tasting - Matchbook


Matchbook
Syrah
Zamora
California
2010
$13.59

Wine review: Aromas of blackberry pie, dusty sweet oak and mellow spices of cardamom and mace are prominent with underlying hints of smoke, earth, and cocoa. Flavors of raspberries and blackberries dominate giving this wine a juicy, mouthwatering character. The finish is long with flavors of currants, cherries, and cocoa powder tannins.

My Review: I remember that I tried this matchbook syrah long time ago when I was a highschool graduate and didn't know anything about wines. It was really bitter and dry enough to make me stop drinking wine for a long time. The nose displayed typical Syrah's dark, earthy, and oak aroma. This wine had a full body, but not complex enough. I was able to pick up a lot of fruity aroma and taste, such as blackberries, mocha/chocolate, and of course, it was very dry at the end. It was too tannic and dry at the end, and it will be good idea to have this wine with food, such as greasy steak with a lot of fat!


No comments:

Post a Comment