Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tasting - Arnold Palmer


Arnold Palmer
Chardonnay
California
2011
$5.95

Wine review: A vibrant Chardonnay from vineyards in cooler climates of California. Chardonnay is well known for its characteristic fresh apple fruit aromas and rounded, rich flavors. Weather during the 2011 harvest provided ideal growing conditions for lush, yet perfectly balanced fruit.

My review: Arnold Palmer,  Big name in Golf history. Since I'm a golfer, I was pleased to see this wine. Light-Medium clear color. Very strong caramel, smoke, and earthy on the nose. It has a medium body, spicy, and short finish. Also, smooth and hint of creamy vanilla in the mid palate, but very subtle. Light dryness at the end as well. Big name golfer, but not impressive with wine. It is still good bang for the buck, since it's on sale, and I can try this wine whenever I watch any golf tournament on TV with light cheese or fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment