Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Tasting - Cabernet Franc


Cabernet Franc
Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Merlot, Chambourcin
Virginia
2011
$17.99

Wine review: This wine features an aromatic nose of sweet fruit, particularly strawberry and raspberry.  Red currant and soft cranberry flavors predominate on the palate, enhanced by a bright acidity and complemented by a clean, smooth finish.

My review: Clear and light red color. I was able to pick up strong caramel and smoke on the nose. Medium body with smooth and hint of spicy on the palate. The wine review says it's sweet, but I couldn't pick up any noticeable sweetness on the palate. The strong caramel aroma disappears as soon as the wine touches my palate for some reason. Also, I picked up some black cherry/currant flavor at the end. Good balance between the oak and fruit components that go well with any meat dishes, heavy cream pasta, and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment